All-On-4 — Katy, TX
Fast and Reliable Full-Arch Tooth Replacement
Dental implants replace the roots of lost teeth. But does that mean you need a dental implant for every single lost tooth? No. Thanks to All-on-4 in Katy, you may be able to regain a complete, functional, and strong smile with as few as four dental implants per arch. Even better, you can get a provisional (temporary) denture on the same day as your implant surgery! Would you like to learn more about this streamlined treatment? Contact Piney Point Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of Katy/Cypress today. Our team looks forward to serving you!
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
Dental implants are prosthetic tooth roots, which get inserted into the jawbone during a minimally invasive surgery. They provide an extremely sturdy base for the teeth that get placed on top of them. All-on-4 is a special dental implant treatment. During the surgery, two implants are placed at the back of the jaw at an angle, and two go toward the front. By utilizing areas where the bone is naturally strong and thick, we can often avoid the need for a bone graft. We can also immediately place a provisional denture on the implants. Later, the provisional denture gets replaced by a permanent one.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
Ideal candidates for All-on-4 dental implants in Katy:
- Are in fair health.
- Are free of active gum disease and other oral infections.
- Have lost all or most teeth throughout a dental arch.
- Have adequate jawbone density to support dental implants. (Most patients meet this criterion, even without a bone graft.)
- Are committed to good habits that will support the long-term health of their implants.
If you aren’t sure if All-on-4 is right for you, schedule a consultation with us. Most adults with extensive tooth loss do qualify, either right away or after some preparatory treatments.
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implants?
Some of the top benefits of All-on-4 include:
- An All-on-4 denture is much stronger than any traditional, non-implant denture. It will enable you to eat virtually any food without problems.
- Jawbone preservation. Dental implants fortify the jawbone and prevent much of the deterioration that commonly occurs after tooth loss.
- Natural appearance. All-on-4 dentures are carefully designed to look as natural as possible.
- Dental implants may last a lifetime, and you can also expect your denture to stand the test of time.
- An All-on-4 denture is permanently attached to its implants, meaning you can care for it similarly to how you would care for natural teeth.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
In general, All-on-4 is faster than traditional implants because it usually circumvents the need for a bone graft. It also typically requires just one surgery as opposed to two or more. It may also cost less than full-arch replacement with traditional implants. Of course, there are some circumstances where traditional implant treatment is preferrable. For example, using more implants can lend even greater stability to your denture. As your implant dentist in Katy, we will help you explore all of your options before you decide how to move forward in your tooth replacement journey.